Each complete application we receive is given a thoughtful and thorough review by our Admissions Committee. Minimum requirements for applying are as follows.
- Honours (4 year) bachelor degree or equivalent in any discipline with a minimum B+ average (equivalent to a McMaster GPA of 8.5) from an accredited university.
- Minimum of one term each of university level calculus, algebra, and statistics. The normal expectation is that these courses have been completed within the last five years.
- Minimum GMAT score of 600 or the GRE equivalent.
- At least one letter of reference from an academic source, the other letter of reference may be non-academic
- Applicants whose native language is not English and did not complete their most recent degree in English are required to submit an Official English language test. Minimum TOEFL score of 92; or IELTS score of 6.5. Note – for our 2017 class, the average TOEFL score was 100 and the average IETLS score was 7.
- Selected applicants may be required to participate in a video interview as part of the admission screening process. If you are selected for a video interview, you will receive an email from the MFIN Program Office with further instructions.
No prior work experience is required for this program.
Complete and submit the online application. Instructions for starting an online application can be found on the graduate studies website. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Required Documents – to be uploaded with application:
- Two references (as mentioned above)
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions previously attended (If you are currently in your fourth-year of an Undergraduate program, please note that your transcript must include 1st term grades from Fourth year)
- GMAT or GRE report
- IELTS or TOEFL scores (if your native language is not English and you did not complete your most recent degree in English medium)
The MFIN Program Office does not require that you submit any hard copies/original official documents in order to have your application reviewed by the Admission Committee. You will only be required to submit hard copies/original official documents should you be offered a position in our program.
If you are unable to upload all of your documents into Mosaic, you can email any missing documents directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure that you include your full name, application ID and student number in the subject line. **Please note that our Admission Committee will only review your application once ALL of your required materials have been received by our office.
Please ensure that you monitor your email to see an acknowledgment that we have received your application and learn how to access your Student Centre through our ‘Mosaic Portal’. Once you gain access to Mosaic, you will be able to check that our office has received all of the required documentation by going to “View Requirements”. Please note that any material that is not uploaded directly to Mosaic at the time of application, will be manually added by our office as it is received. Due to the high volume of applications that our office receives, there will be a delay in updating your application checklist in Mosaic. We ask that you please be patient and refrain from emailing our office to check on the status of your paperwork.
Do not send additional documentation that has not be specifically requested. Only required/requested documentation will be used in your assessment, all other items will be discarded.