Each complete application we receive is given a thoughtful and thorough review by our Admissions Committee. Minimum requirements for applying are as follows.
- Honours (4 year) bachelor degree or equivalent in any discipline with a minimum B+ average (equivalent to a McMaster GPA of 8.5) from an accredited university.
- Prefer minimum of one term each of university level calculus, algebra, and statistics. The normal expectation is that these courses have been completed within the last five years.
- Minimum GMAT score of 600 or the GRE equivalent.
- At least one letter of reference from an academic source, the other letter of reference may be non-academic
- Applicants whose native language is not English and did not complete their most recent degree entirely in English are required to submit an Official English language test. Minimum TOEFL score of 92; or IELTS score of 6.5. Note – for our 2018 class, the average TOEFL score was 100 and the average IELTS score was 7.
No prior work experience is required for this program. Note – we do not require you to submit a Personal Statement of Interest or a Writing Sample.
Complete and submit the online application. Step by step instructions on how to complete and submit the Mosaic application can be found here.
The MFIN Program Office does not require that you submit any hard copies/original official documents in order to have your application reviewed by the Admission Committee. You will only be required to submit hard copies/original official documents should you be offered a position in our program.
If you are unable to upload all of your documents into Mosaic, you can email any missing documents directly to email@example.com and ensure that you include your full name, application ID and student number in the subject line. **Please note that our Admission Committee will only review your application once ALL of your required materials have been received by our office.
Do not send additional documentation that has not be specifically requested. Only required/requested documentation will be used in your assessment, all other items will be discarded.