Practitioner Seminar Series
DeGroote MFin students have the opportunity to learn from finance professionals currently working in the industry. These seminars cover a range of topics and industries to help solidify knowledge learned in the classroom.
- Risk Management and Banking Regulation in Canada
- The Evolution of the Investment Advisory Business in Canada
- A Pension Plan Story – Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
- Current Industry Practices in Model Risk Management
- New Investment Frontier – Active ETFs and Artificial Intelligence
- Dr. Qiuliang (Alan) Peng, Office of Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI)
- Mr. Gavin McCrodan, Huxton Black Ltd.
- Ms. Audrey Gaspar, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP)
- Dr. Houben Huang, Deloitte Canada
- Dr. Grant Wang , Senior Vice President and Co-CIO of Highstreet Asset Management