Each complete application we receive is given a thoughtful and thorough review by our Admissions Committee. Minimum requirements for applying are as follows.
- Honours (4 year) bachelor degree or equivalent in any discipline with a minimum B+ average (equivalent to a McMaster GPA of 8.5) from an accredited university.
- Minimum of one term each of university level calculus, algebra, and statistics. The normal expectation is that these courses have been completed within the last five years.
- Minimum GMAT score of 600 or the GRE equivalent.
- At least one letter of reference from an academic source, the other letter of reference may be non-academic
- Applicants whose native language is not English and did not complete their most recent degree in English are required to submit an Official English language test. Minimum TOEFL score of 92; or IELTS score of 6.5.
No prior work experience is required for this program.
- Complete and submit the online application. Instructions for starting an online application can be found on the graduate studies website. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Required Documents – to be uploaded with application:
- Two references (as mentioned above)
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions previously attended (If you are currently in your fourth-year of an Undergraduate program, please note that your transcript must include 1st term grades from Fourth year)
- GMAT or GRE report
- IELTS or TOEFL scores (if your native language is not English and you did not complete your most recent degree in English medium)
- Statement of Interest (300 words max.) – simply indicate what it is that makes you interested in our program
- Send supporting documentation (that you were not able to upload to the online application) to the address listed below.
- Monitor your email account to see an acknowledgment that we have received your application and learn how to access your Student Center through our ‘Mosaic Portal’.
- Do not send additional documentation that has not be specifically requested. Only required/requested documentation will be used in your assessment, all other items will be discarded.
Send all the required documentation that you were not able to upload in the online application to:
Master of Finance Program Administrator
DeGroote School of Business, Room 104 (110)
McMaster University – 1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4M4
*Complete Application: The admissions committee will only review your application once ALL of your required materials have been received. Once you submit your application and gain access to your Student Center on the Mosaic portal, please check ‘View Requirements’ -updated weekly- to ensure that you have submitted all requested documentation.